Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Animation

Animation References-


The animation is about a werewolf running through a landscape like a biped and then change to a quadruped run. I have chosen this act to show smooth transition of the rig from biped to quadruped. As there are no real footages of werewolf running, I took reference of canine run (Video 1) and human run (Video 2) to study the motion. I found some references of people walking with homemade digitigrade legs (Video 3). I also found few references of people running like dogs, which were the key reference for my animation sequence (Video 4, 5).







Animatics-


These are the thumbnails I created for the animatics, I am not very good at drawing but this gives me an idea of how the animation would flow.



 Line of Action


2 comments:

  1. Re the werewolf stilts. A far better design that closely matches the werewolf can be found here http://area51.co/Digilegs/Welcome-to-Digilegs-the-Original-Reverse-Leg-Stilts.html
    With these the 'tendon' is attached to the thigh, not just the calve so that crouching, squatting, and running are much more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, this looks more balanced and possible.

    ReplyDelete